The Birth 2012 movement is cocreating humanity’s great shift to the age of conscious evolution—and we invite you to join us by creating a hub, the basic social and spiritual unit of the movement. As you will learn below, you can start your hub with a minimum of four people who are willing to consider one commitment and three recommendations. Your key commitment will be to hold an event in celebration of our planet’s Birth Day on December 22, 2012. By creating a hub, you become an integral part of the Birth 2012 process. And this unique process will culminate in the unprecedented global gathering to celebrate our planet’s Birth Day—a unique event in which you are an active participant. Our goal for December 22 is to reach and inspire 100 million people. We expect that hundreds or even thousands of other hubs worldwide will partake of this great initiatory event. You can check out the currently registered hubs in our hub map. To get started with hub formation, please use the tools, guides, and samples in this booklet to jump-start your local or virtual hubs and events. You can also learn more of our evolving plans for December 22—and also about how to convene your December 22 event—by opting in at the home page of Birth2012.com to receive our weekly e-zine, the Birth 2012 Catalyst.
The One Requirement of a Hub
A hub need not meet regularly, or meet in person, or even have a leader. As stated above and at Birth2012.com, you become a hub when you meet one simple requiremement: that you will honor the Birth event on the day it occurs—along with numerous other groups around the world! In fact, any group of any kind (in person or online) may make such a declaration and join the Birth 2012 movement. To help you envision what could occur at your Birth event on December 22, we offer this Recommended Schedule: • Gathering and introductions (15-20 minutes) • Heart coherence meditation (5-15 minutes — see hub resonance section below) • Hold a full discussion based on these suggested topics: – What am I birthing into the world right now? (20 minutes) – What do I want to contribute as my gift to the Shift? (20 minutes) • Then, watch the webcast of the main live event of the day being broadcast from Los Angeles (if you have the technology). • Conclude with your own Birth Day ceremony and blessing including ritual, poetry, music, dancing, guided visualization, toning, etc. Be creative and have fun! (20 minutes) • Debrief as a whole or in smaller breakout groups. Try to harvest the genius that emerges. (15-20 minutes) • Conclude with an “Evolutionary Passion Party” (A.K.A “Refreshments”) as long as you want!
Types of Hubs That Are Evolving
Hubs are diverse and hubs are fun! The Birth 2012 movement is evolving to include three kinds of hubs:
- Face-to-face Birth 2012 hubs
- “Virtual” Birth 2012 hubs (i.e., online meetings hosted at our sister site, here)
- Existing groups with a core focus outside of the Birth 2012 movement that wish to join us in observing the Birth on December 22
The Three Recommendations of a Hub
Hubs are simple to create and easy to enter on the hub map at Birth2012.com. But for those who would like to go further, our general suggestion is that you start your hub with a minimum of four people who are willing to consider one commitment and three recommendations. We’ve discussed the one commitment above; we explore the three recommendations below.
- OUR FIRST RECOMMENDATION: Resonate in your hub
A hub that wants to go further than convening an event on December 22 can decide to become a “frequency holder” for the Great Shift. The symbolic image of the “Hub of the Wheel of Cocreation” refers to a sacred space in which we can resonate with the ascending currents of the universe. It is here that we become “frequency holders” for the Great Shift. When we create a real hub with others and learn to resonate as a group, we amplify the frequency of the resonance of each member. In her book Birth 2012 and Beyond, Barbara Marx Hubbard explains hub resonance in the following way: The hub stands for a sanctified place in consciousness for shared revelation of the metapatterns of creation. Here we resonate by resounding back to each other the evolutionary impulse we each feel within. As we meet in groups, virtually or physically, we tune into the deeper pattern not only within us but within the emerging process of the whole. The hub can be cultivated to become a field of collective consciousness generated by those resonating within it. The hub is also a place where our “inner synergy” or coherence with the Source joins with the “outer synergy” of our work in the world. The inner shift and the outer shift become one in the Hub of the Wheel. To learn more about how to resonate in your hub, either face-to-face or virtually, please see pages 63 – 73 in Birth 2012 and Beyond. You will also learn there how to create an Evolutionary Circle, which are specialty groups within a hub that are devoted to the work of becoming frequency holders to support those who are out in the world cocreating a sustainable planetary culture. Over sixty Circles already exist in various parts of the world!
Creating Heart Coherence in Your Hub
When we meet with our fellows and learn to touch base with our essential selves in their presence, we not only elevate the frequency of the resonance of each member, but we also contribute to the global resonant field of the Birth 2012 movement worldwide. With skilled facilitation, achieving hub resonance is also possible in a virtual (online) hub. We especially recommend that, in order to amplify and sustain their group resonance, hubs practice the heart coherence technique created by the prominent research organization known as HeartMath. The HeartMath Technique of Heart Coherence We encourage you to begin all of your hub meetings and events with a heart coherence exercise (5-15 minutes). The intention is to come into resonance with all others who are also contributing to positive global transformation. HeartMath’s scientifically researched Heart Lock-In® Technique is especially recommended here. See details below. The Heart Lock-In® Technique This technique helps you build and sustain coherence. 1. Shift your attention to the area of your heart, and breathe slowly and deeply. 2. Activate and sustain a genuine feeling of appreciation or care for someone or something in your life. 3. Send these feelings of care toward yourself and others. This benefits them and especially helps recharge and balance your own system. Feel yourself connecting, heart to heart, with others in the room and others in the web of conscious co-creation. Send love from your heart, out to the web and then out to the planet. For information on the Hearthmath course offered by ShiftNetwork visit: http://theshiftnetwork.com/course/ShiftTheHeart To learn more about HeartMath techniques or courses in coherence-building, or to download the free State of Ease article and Inner-Ease™ technique created by HeartMath founder Doc Childre for these times of the planetary shift, visit http://www.heartmath.org. To join with others in synchronized Heart Lock-Ins for the planet, visit http://www.glcoherence.org. 2. OUR SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Convene regularly under the leadership of a hub facilitator We have discovered that having four inaugural members is optimal for launching a hub. In addition, we have found that each hub that wishes to go beyond hosting a December 22 event will probably need a facilitator who could facilitate meetings one or twice each month. (We also believe that twelve members is probably the maximum number for an effective hub.) Why a designated facilitator? Because leadership is crucial in the Birth 2012 movement as in any great movement for change. We encourage leaders to step forward to activate each hub, along with our assistance. You may elect your facilitator, or you may rotate facilitators—we only ask that there be a single person taking responsibility for your hub at any point. The facilitator will also be the contact person for coordinating our resources with yours. If you decide to become a Hub facilitator, please email us to register at: email@example.com You as a facilitator will receive updates about resources and specialized training. As you lead your hub, we can guide you in establishing additional roles as you grow. 3. OUR THIRD RECOMMENDATION: Support each other in giving your gift to the Shift As we resonate in our hubs, it is only natural that our unique creativity rises to the surface. One result is that we become energized to seek for—or more deeply realize—our true life purpose or our vocation of destiny. Read how Barbara Marx Hubbard explains this sacred process in Birth 2012 and Beyond: As we increasingly merge with our Essential Selves, this can lead to the marvelous excitement of “vocational arousal.” We can also become vocationally aroused within the Field of coherence and love that gets created in Shift Circles and through other Hub activities. We’ve seen that when we experience vocational arousal, our sexual drive for union with another expands into what I call the “suprasexual drive.” This shift is a bioevolutionary phenomenon in which the natural urge to procreate emerges in a new form as our heart’s desire to cocreate. Deep down, we all yearn to discover not only our real life callings but also our true partners in our lifework. So, in the Hub of the Wheel, we need processes and practices that actually help us discover and nurture such vocations of destiny, and that help us to find partners and teammates with whom to cocreate. As Barbara points out in the quote above, our local or virtual hub is the place to become “vocationally aroused” with the support of the other members of your group. In addition to Barbara’s book and courses, the updates you will receive from Birth 2012 Catalyst will assist you in supporting one another in your hub in giving your gifts to the Shift. Finally, in order to have a more effective hub, it is optimal if at least one hub member were to read Birth 2012 and Beyond or take one of Barbara’s courses through the Shift Network. Learn more about these courses in the “Get Trained” section of Birth2012.com.
Outreach Tips for Your Birth 2012 Hub
• Be clear about your intention for your hub and your event The general purpose of the Birth 2012 movement is to create a positive shift in the world through cocreativity, collaboration, love, and heart resonance. Be sure to invite people who will bring those qualities to your group. • Start by inviting others in your circle of acquaintances via email Invite those closest to you by email, and plan to follow up in a variety of ways. You may copy and post this sample invitation below: Sample E-mail Invitation: Dear friend, Please join me in creating a local group whose key purpose is to participate in a worldwide celebration of the planet’s first symbolic Birth Day, which will be held on December 22 of this year. A coalition of numerous groups led by bestselling author Barbara Marx Hubbard has designated December 22, 2012 as “Day One” for inaugurating a sustainable global civilization. You can learn about this initiative, which is called the Birth 2012 movement, at this site: birth2012.com/ I’m creating a group called a “hub” that will host a Birth 2012 event to celebrate this declaration of the beginning of a new human era. I hope you join me! In so doing, we will join luminaries around the world like Barbara Marx Hubbard, Rev. Michael Bernard Beckwith, Ervin Laszlo, Lynne Twist, Jean Houston, Dot Maver, Neil Donald Walsch, Ashoke Gangadean, Oscar Miro-Quesada, Rinaldo Brutoco, James O’Dea, Lynne McTaggart, Jack Canfield, and more. The main event takes place in Los Angeles on December 22 with a major webcast that we will watch together in our “hub.” Our hub and our local event will be a great opportunity to cocreate with other brilliant and proactive people living in our area. I hope to see you there! With love and gratitude, (YOUR NAME) • Continue your outreach in a gentle but systematic way Send out your invitation to each person by email one or two times, and then follow up via several different methods (phone calls, Facebook, e-vite, text messages, etc.). We recommend that, after sending them basic information and links by email, that you call people and invite them face-to-face when possible. Speaking to people and inviting them in person gives them a chance to feel the energy of your hub and your events; as a result they will feel your excitement and passion. Again, follow up—call back, write back, and gently remind people of the goal and intention of your hub. • Reach out to the general public Remember we are working on cocreating a global shift. That means reaching out to people beyond our personal community. Here are some ways to make this sort of outreach successful: Flyers are a great way to give people a quick overview and details about your event. Post them in local stores, on community boards, in bookstores and coffee shops. Carry a stack with you and hand them out while you are out and about during the day. Go online: Share your invitation with your online communities and listserves, and post it to craigslist.org, Facebook, Twitter. Social Media: You can create a Facebook event page for your event, tweet or blog about it. The next section explains several ways of creating a Facebook event. How to create an event on Facebook Technique #1: Create your own General Event page (easiest method): 1. Go to the Events tab on the left side of your home page. 2. Click Create Event in the upper-right corner of the page. From here, you can customize the event, edit its privacy settings and invite guests. Please note that you must include an event name and time. Technique #2: Create an event through your Facebook page (so it’s tied to you): You can create new events from the Events tab on your page. On Pages with the new timeline design, the events app is below your Page’s cover photo. If you don’t see an Events tab, go to it from your Page’s settings: >> Click the Edit Page button at the top right corner of your Page >> From the left sidebar, select Apps >> Under Events, click Go to App Creating an Event from Pages with the new timeline design: >> Open your Page’s admin panel >> Click Manage >> Select Edit Page >> From the left column menu select Apps >> Under Events, click Go to App From the events app, click Create Event in the top-right corner.